Add A New Hardrive Linux (Redhat family)
You just purchased your new hard drive and now you are ready to add it to your Linux system. Here are the steps:
1. Plug in the hard drive
2. Make sure that the bios can see it (Attention vmware users, the bios may not display the new drive)
3. Navigate to the /dev folder and locate your hard drive
4. IDE drive are hda(X ), scsi drive are sda(X) with X being a number
5. Create the partition using parted or fdisk.
6. Then Format the partition using mkfs
mkfs -t ext3 /dev/sdb2
7. Then Mount the file System
mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb2 /ycsoftware.
8. Add an entry into fstab if necessary